Thursday, January 14, 2010

Coincidence

"Well, you know, I guess it's 'cause I was sitting in a deli and reading Dorian Gray and a guy comes up to me and asks me about it and... now he's my husband."
"Yeah. And... so?"
"So, what if I'd gone to the movies? What if I had gone somewhere else for lunch? What if I'd gotten there 10 minutes later? It was - it was meant to be."



Last night I found out that I would have never met my boyfriend if a man I have never met, in a town I've never been to, hadn't of molested kids. Not that my boyfriend has met him either, it just began an odd chain of events that lead our situation to begin. Thinking about the domino effect in life, and stories such as this, is equally hopeful and discouraging. As many scenarios such as this that are positive or considered "fate" there are at least as many connections that did not occur and mishaps that did. I don't believe in anything any more.


"Why if God is good, is there evil in the world? He replied, "To thicken the plot.""

No comments:

Post a Comment