Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I (Didn't) Know

"I can smell the salt from these tears streaming down my face. I can smell the tears running down my flesh, becoming one with each other. I smell happiness. These tears give me happiness, these tears give me feeling, these feelings that you create for me. I feel like I belong somewhere, I feel like I am a part of something beautiful. A part of something that can not be properly explained. A part of a friendship unlike any other. This bond that we share is so incredible that I cannot fully grasp it, but that’s okay. I don’t need to grasp every inch of it, as long as I know it’s there. It really does make me the happiest boy alive to hear what you feel from me, from us. I don’t know why I can make you so happy, but i’m glad that I do, because the truth of the matter is, you deserve it. Even more than I do, you deserve to be happy, to feel at home somewhere. And I feel at home with you. I can honestly say to you, that you know every single thing about me, every single thing that I feel. You are the only one that truly knows me, and as much as people throw that sentence around, I mean every single word of it. And I thank you for accepting me, for making me feel like I am worth something, and for making me feel like I am normal. I thank you for always being honest with me, and letting me into your life. I honestly cannot explain how much I appreciate what you wrote to me, it means the world to me. And I know that we will always be with each other. We honestly can get through anything together, and can “weather the deepest of storms”, together. Every single second that we spend together, I cherish with every single molecule in my body. Every single second that we share with each other becomes another memory, that I can look back on with a happy heart, and a big smile on my face. We understand each other like no two people can ever understand each other. We feel what each other feels. We are one. I love that about us. We can look at something, completely unaware that we are both seeing it, and feel each other, and know exactly what we are both thinking. There are no other words to explain it then the simple fact that we are meant for each other, not necessarily in a romantic way, but in a friendship way. Something brought us together. I want you in my life forever, and I don’t know what kind of life I would be living if you weren’t involved in it every waking hour of the day. I know that I bug you about moving with me so much, but it’s because I can’t live without you. You are what I need. We need each other. We get along so incredibly that it’s become impossible to ignore. I love how we can argue, we can disagree, and we can fight, but no matter what, we are back to normal in a matter of minutes. It’s an amazing thing. I would never want to live apart from you because I want to share the experiences of my life with you, I want to broaden my horizons with you, I want to broaden our horizons. I want to see the world with you. I want to go through this life with you. I don’t even know what to call you anymore, because I feel like I'm making an understatement when I say that you are my best friend. You are more than that to me. What we share is greater than two little words. I love you MKU, and without you, I would rue the day.

P.S. - Recently, I have been thinking back to the days when we were merely acquaintances, and hardly knew each other. And I remember the times when I would pass by papa murphy’s, on my way to what was once Albertson’s, always checking to see if you were working. And if you were, a big smile would come to my face, and I would wave to you. You would wave back. What a long way we have come together."

No comments:

Post a Comment