Sunday, January 2, 2011

Documenting


Why I want to remember this moment I don't know right now.
But I'm laying on the white pull out couch in my living room, that is blue and floral when a bed, 
the message began with her name and a comma, and remained nothing more than that for quite some time. Finally I typed out some sappy bullshit too honest and careful, "not to bother" it began, and "don't forget" it concluded. I contemplated momentarily about adding "me" to the end of that statement, overly personal, I decided. Alex is asking if I am done, wanted to know what it is I said. I reply to her too candidly, using the words romantic and too embarrassing. I expected no response, and say that truthfully (this time), I got no reply, verbally at least. Alex's phone goes off and she mumbles the text she received aloud for either her or I. All I really comprehended was "come get me"  and whether I was more pleased about her saying or the action of doing so, I am not entirely certain. She calls my house "Scott's" in front of me, she left abruptly saying, "maybe" in reference to seeing me. She told me to come outside as they smoked, she laid next to me, before she left she said "as if I don't feel bad enough leaving".

No comments:

Post a Comment