Saturday, November 14, 2009

9a.m.

It was almost exactly 9a.m. and I was laying in bed sleepy, as well as tired. The light from my window was shining in and filled my room with a bright blue obnoxious tint, and I was almost certain that I was awake for the rest of the day. I glanced at the clock again and little time had passed, I realized not only was he asleep in my living room somewhere, but also that I had only slept a maximum of six hours. My desire to sleep was stronger now and I thought of almost nothing else (rare, in the state I have recently been in). I then hear rustling from outside my cracked door and soon turn over to attempt to peer out to locate the source. Shortly I am half-asleep and sprawled out calmly, facing the wall with my face directly on the bed. I remember watching him saunter in the doorway, but not much else. Then I unexpectedly feel a hand on the side of my back; hoping to wake me up. I recall being curious as to why I should be awoken but when I look for a reply he stood perfectly still. I assumed that could mean nothing else than that I should be scoot over, so I shift closer to the wall and onto my second pillow. He crawls in slowly and we both readjust until we finally both become comfortable. I remember listening to his breath to see if he had fallen back asleep, and wondered if that was his goal at all in the first place. I realize he is sleeping and began to wonder again, but this time if I would be able to fall asleep. I remember worrying that I would lay here awake for hours. For some reason I was extremely appreciative to be sleeping with someone, and though the feeling of complete-ness wasn't shared, it will still fairly abundant as I began to doze (it was nice to know that after all I had recently put him through he would still prefer this cramped twin over my couch).




"and Mama said Dreams are different than real life but important too"

No comments:

Post a Comment