Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Recollecting

"Touching without touching, candles in the dark

casting shadows on our parents battles, this is for the romantics at heart

It wasn't long before I held you more then my pen

when I wasn't writing songs, it was something like

"Forever and always, whenever those songs play..."

I remember empty hallways

or your image that descended from the top floor became an echo

I paid the price for those hard things, and couldn't afford to let go


From a passive debt, I'm past regret


Did you know I dreamt about you before we met?


Remembering our first kiss, and it ain't even happened yet


Recollecting your scent, and I wasn't even given the chance to forget

I guess that's the magic of it

Now every rehashed subject's displaying what I wrote

on cafe napkins to the public"

No comments:

Post a Comment