Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Lubricous Lucidity

you wake-walk into my semi-consciousness
think you've come to torment me
I said these illusions, they come only every other night now
you said you returned just to be sure
left me feeling stupid

and I open my eyes

to watch your soul indifferently leave your body
I am fully aware of what I'm viewing but my mouth will not open
can't make a sound
it's always been just like a nightmare

with or without you around

but it is not necessary that I clarify to you the meaning of internal struggle
it just all makes me wonder how this specter would have played out had I been able to say a word
now I'm trapped speaking continuously trying to talk over the voice of.. this
your song starts on the radio
and I am not alone
I babble and babble
it's been three odd years now

No comments:

Post a Comment