Thursday, May 29, 2014

Seven AM


I remember very little, almost nothing of my dream from the night. It wasn't a dream that I had during the night actually, I have not dreamt for as far back as I can recall, but falling asleep after my first two alarms, then final third, I dreamed. I sat at the kitchen table, not much later, and realized that two parts stood out to me. So I was with my friends, a small group, made up of Lizz, Austin or Dylan, and a third. We were walking around a lot, and finally made it to stadium seating (for what I do not know), we sat right in the middle, Lizz to my right. We were all talking, I was speaking to her mostly, then it's quiet a moment. Lizz has my hand indly, whether I was holding it up or she was, I am not sure. She then bites downs on the side of my pointer finger, not hard, not long. She smiles, a certain look on her face. I could only conclude that she did it as a false attempt for attention, which I didn't understand, because I was going to give it to her anyway. The notion of the bite stood out to me, even before I woke. 
We leave, and walk together on the sunny sidewalk, ripping sandwiches and muffins. I'm not sure where all the bread came from, but I know Austin and I were sharing, eating it almost ravenously. Lizz was distracted, walking ahead, didn't want any of my sandwich, I kept offering anyway. We got to a port-a-potty and all crammed inside, finishing the bread, trading it around in their little white bags. I remember being happy, even while feeling generally excessive. In my sleep I am just a different version of overbearing.


I looked up the two things that felt of any significance.


"Bread 
To see bread in your dream represents the basic needs of life. Bread may signify the positive qualities and great things you have learned on your journey of life. 



Bites 
To dream that you are being bitten represents your vulnerability regarding some unresolved issues or emotions. You may be pestered by a problem or obstacle.

Biting 
To dream of biting someone in your dream signifies the pressure you are putting on some people causing them great distress.
"

What I gathered, was my awareness of the fact that my best friends are (and have been) giving me the meaning of life, giving me purpose. Lizz biting me I interpreted first as her believing she is bothering me when she isn't (maybe also knowing she really isn't), once I read the meaning, it made me think of the things that sting that she reminds me of, twinges of memories past, good ones, "vulnerable unresolved issues or emotions", things I don't say.


Edit (5/30): I probably dreamt of bread because I associate it with things I should not eat but enjoy, and Jillian said my whole life is friends and food. I probably dreamt of Lizz biting me because I could feel my bracelet pressing my skin, and she was the last person to text me before I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment