Monday, October 12, 2015

Kismet

"Katie stood up. ―Why are you telling me this?
       ―Because, listen Katie, I am probably becoming obsessed with you. To be honest, I am, like, almost definitely not crazy. I really don’t even want to die anymore. If I can avoid it, I don’t ever want to die, but I’ve fashioned myself to act in a way that will make it seem like I am crazy. You know, in hopes that you’re the type of woman who responds to that stuff.
       ―But see, like, you have to understand that impulse is extremely unsound. Like that makes you seem to me that you are crazy. I feel on edge around you.
       ―Yeah I mean, I get it. But it’s not like that. I’m so normal that all I want to do is watch TV and be normal. Love a woman. Take a walk. Everything else is, like, an act.
       ―I don’t really care what it is. She wasn’t looking at him. ―It’s… It’s a distressing attitude to have to engage with."

No comments:

Post a Comment