Monday, October 19, 2015

Bed Recording.m4a


Bed Recording.m4a


The dishes lay
Scattered and dirty in the sink for endless days
She said the tension that he felt
Between he and I
Was only due to my depression
That I had been feeling, of late
She called me from her cellphone around 9pm
And told me that she appreciated the fact that she felt safe enough to walk home from her car to her apartment
I wanted to tell her that she could call me any time that she was doing that alone
But I didn't

His rustling in the other room reminded me that I was only just a human 
in mine
She started the conversation by saying 
Everyone's feeling a certain something right now
And it's strong, it's emotional
And it made her want to tell me that she didn't know what I was feeling at all
But she was there for me if I was feeling anything 
When I returned the words of kindness she said
She was fine
Her vagueness intrigued me in a way that was upsetting 
My first instinct was to tell her to just come to my bedroom
But that's what I wanted, it wasn't what she wanted
So I didn't...I neglected to offer
The myriad of pills influxes.. It varies 
Depending on my mood
It hurts to move my body in a way that I know it shouldn't
I still cry for you and
you forgot that I'm still here
I suppose I just wanted to go home
To where I was accepted, thoroughly 
As opposed to here, where I am not anything
Sometimes her voice gets so cold that it makes me sick
Turns my stomach
She said that she would talk to me tomorrow
Which I heard as I could not text her tonight, so I did not
I'm having difficulty breathing 
And although I know it's the common cold 
The struggle for air intake makes me increasingly aware that it is in fact my job that is killing me
I am so young
Yet it never got easier to sleep alone

No comments:

Post a Comment