Monday, October 26, 2015

Mollie Puts Mollie in The Corner

Should I take the desk
Everyone is recommending
"It has a window so you can see what's going on"
It has a shelf, for personal pictures and small plants
Nobody puts Mollie in the corner but me
And I know just what the corner means
Just like I know just what the corner desk means
Settling
Settling in
Staying
I'll take all of your best accounts because I hate you even though you never told on me as you watched me steal so, so many toiletries and office supplies
I will single-handedly plug the holes in the sinking ship
Cause I'm on it and it's familar

Austin said last night what is the point of living if we will forget what a nice dinner we had
Within a month
He said why do anything

Because with you around
I finally 
no longer feel like a pity fuck of a friend 
When I tell you I'm awful you agree and it's okay because you are too and we don't like change

But I want to change

I think I want a corner desk with a window 

And in a few years I will forget this place
I will forget nice dinners and nice walks and nice nights and conversations

I will die and forget sleeping next to you and how I stayed at this job and left nothing for my grandkids 

Because I spent what little I made
On the roadside succulents I got with you
Before our nice dinner
We will both forget in November
When the small plants and personal pictures of you will be on my new shelf
Until I die

No comments:

Post a Comment