Monday, December 12, 2016




last night I was in a room 
and the only person I am sure that was there with me was my brother
your brother came in too
I exclaimed his name
we grinned equally as wide
soon after 
you glided into the frame
you were wearing black, I remember
you did not sit down
I guessed this was because there were
other people on the couch with me
I scooted to my right,
making almost enough room for you next to me
I asked if you would sit there
you said "that is where I wanted to sit"
this made me happier than I can recall
being in the last couple of years in my waking life
I examined your apartment at one point,
this was from afar
but I realized you lived as I did, now
just a bit nicer

as I drove to work "baby I'm amazed by the way I feel for you"
came on the radio
you used to love this song
normally my cue to change the station
today I turned it up
I thought about you for that whole song
and the following song, too
it felt
really, really good 


next time I see you
I will smile so fucking big
my teeth will start to fall out 
and I will realize
I'm dreaming 
again

No comments:

Post a Comment