Saturday, May 23, 2009

Dreamscape

"To cover all the marketing bases, we need two young people deep and desperately in love--but kept apart by a cruel villain"
"Not so much a romantic subplot as sexual need"
I've always had this thought that all my dreams and the content in them are things that are in the back of my mind during the previous day or two. I believed the people or the problems related to them I didn't dream about were those thoughts that are in the front of my mind and things I actively and consciously spent time dwelling on. I guess I thought once I was over someone and they weren't in the front of my mind any longer I would be free to dream about them, and once they did enter my dreams, that is when I would know.
last night he was in my dream, briefly but enough that I could recall it somewhat this morning and as I laid there in my bed I realized somewhere in my dream he told me he wanted to see me, even if it was for half an hour he wanted me to come to where he was. I remembered that I was so relieved and happy that finally, and without my persistence, he changed his mind and decided that having me in his life even the smallest amount was better than not at all. I remember being excited to see him. as I laid there recollecting all of this, I became disappointed almost that he did this in my dream, but also became even more disappointed than my dream being dramatically better than my real life ever would be, I was let down by myself to be able to dream about him. I thought this was real evidence that I was letting go, and as much as I anticipated this to be a good thing, my first thought was how awful it was that this happened.
I’ve dreamt about him before, but months and maybe even years ago, back when I believed it was a good thing to be dreaming of him. but if it was okay then for me to be dreaming about him, and him to have multiple dreams about me, why is it now proof that I am less attached and less adoring of him. I am not sure whether last night proved or destroyed my ongoing theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment