Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Grow Up

I was in burger king and I was just a kid; too old to ask for a crown but not old enough to be able to easily decide between a cherry or blue raspberry flavored Icee. I remember just looking around at all the pictures and banners on the walls and on the menu. Everything I saw was well made, and so well edited, I thought to myself. The sesame seeds on the buns stood out the most, as odd as it sounds; I stared at them just wondering how they were so perfectly arranged. I felt a small excitement growing as I thought about someone making what I saw into what i saw, and how I could be that person. I pictured someone in a cubicle somewhere in front of a computer, and how they had the ability to make the sesame seeds the same distant apart. I thought about someone having a picture of a burger, and making it perfect. That person made that burger unrealistically appetizing and appealing, and I wanted to do that. I remember thinking about the feeling that accomplishment would give me, after making that glowing burger picture myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment