Monday, January 23, 2012

You Found Me Waiting For You

"You found me waiting for you in a burning building
nightfall sitting quietly like learning children 
violence from the sky that sings a serenade 
mountains were an insufficient barricade
frozen solid whispering our pities
as we stood in front of sinks in different cities
dirty blood and cruelties all drained away
and finally the day we met we rained all day
going blind we had no words in which to choke
half-asleep sometimes our thoughts turned into smoke
trying not not fly my bones were sedentary  
but the blinding light inside was legendary
a piece of broken glass for those that doubt us
it's too late now, it's gone, the last train left without us
accidentally once I touched the hidden depths
and found you waiting for me on the prison steps
temporary skeleton turned cold and steel
lying in a pile in a golden field
rock-a-bye the endless days turn into vapor
catching table cigarettes and writing paper
nights we ghost around the empty room in silence
crazy days we tear apart with crimson violence
scented gently fallen snow that never lingers
finding where it hurts inside with clever fingers
dented armor, dirty faces, hectic wishes
staying warm and wild with electric kisses
warning of the coming storm and then the wind died
drew a picture of a woman on my inside
sticks and stones were an antenna broken limb
murmur tender murder teach me how to swim
the agony of animals and signals came
four of hands, a two of hearts, a single flame
I knew you'd be the death of me
I knew you'd be the death of me
I knew you'd be the death of me
I knew you'd be the death of me"

No comments:

Post a Comment