Sunday, June 26, 2011

Essential Things

"Mollie takes care of my drunk little head
I crawled late last night in her bed
I woke her up in the morning and I said
I'd really like a ride to work

Gave my sister the keys
Told her to take my car back to me
I asked her so nice, and I even said please
And thanks for the food and the drink

Cause Mollie's a good friend; she's there for me
To my life she's essential, she's just what I need

So tonight I won't be able to sleep
Unless I've have a few drinks
I have yet to be sober for the last three weeks
I guess you could say I need help

But tonight we'll press onward, and drink some more
Because why stay sober, when you've got nothing to live for

And I haven't seen you in a day
Your bed sheets seem so far away
I miss the things that you do in your own special way,

Tonight I'll be sleeping alone."

No comments:

Post a Comment