Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Relevance Reprise

"So let's speak of London 
Speak of Amsterdam 
Speak of everything except 
That we don't speak unless with friends 
Or of the plans you made before you left 
And followed up on upon your return 
Everything these hands have built together can all burn 
If you can't look me in the face back in the States without turning away 

As I turned my back to rest 
It was decided it was best for all 
"In my best interest" 
That certain knowledges stayed kept 
Hanging just above me in the air there where I slept 
Or on the quiet lips of those I've come to know as friends 
Or in the subtle way a stare across a room can say all that's gone unsaid 

I guess it must've never crossed your mind 
But then in ten days in a van, who has the time?"

so let's speak of san francisco
speak of los angeles 
speak of anything except, how we don't speak unless fake friends surround
or of all the plans you had to leave me in this same town
and disregard me in your return
all the beautiful things we made each other can all burn
if in privacy you're still fake, and talk that way, hardly look me in the face
you always turn away

and to you i turned my own back, forced to face the rest
i decided to be like you and pretend it was for our best
"in our best interest"
but all the feelings prior, well they stay kept
with me not with you, and hang in my head, so since then i haven't slept
or hang behind the lips of those who watched how it was, these so-called friends
or in a subtle stare across a party that says all that's gone unsaid

well all of this, i guess it never crossed your mind
but then it two years laying on your carpet who has the time

No comments:

Post a Comment