Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Yawn

the grass is always greener, on whichever side you are on
and I see that I'm over-grown, 
and you need some yard work, 
but I can't relate to anyone else's flowers, 
you are so rooted and I have been blown away ever since


I never wanted the warm romantic summer, 
just hoped that we kept each other from freezer burn last winter
thawing out now, 
for someone else
_________________________
the sun rose like a flower, its thorns included
over a familiar town, every inch ridden with ghosts of the past, good and evil
the gruesome winter luckily did not last, 
but the unfortunate jitters did not subside, 
followed by uncomfortable laughs
the brightness of the rays
kept me inside for many days
I dreaded the painful gaze
into its lightness
showed truths once covered in snow
unveiled now, everyone must know
I can't go on longer with this makeshift show
but when things change will so much angst remain in every note?
I anticipate singing a peaceful song, 
not a day of sad scribbles will be missed
I'm not sick, right now its just got this feverish pitch
_______________________________
my itch to leave
the subtle pitch of my scream
I can differentiate now from the dream
this, somehow is precisely as it seems, more or less
I was hardly perfect (comparatively)
but you were seamless

No comments:

Post a Comment