Sunday, June 19, 2011

I've Lived Through That

with the sunrise, the morning birds would sing, causing my heart to sting. similarly was nightfall, the crickets chirp provoked in my chest so much hurt. even the winter's gentle rain induced my resilient lungs tremendous pain. no matter if i took a left on the freeway, carefully avoiding that excruciating memory lane. but i kept driving, for if i stopped i wasn't sure where i would go, although, it's difficult to forget every inch is marred of this road. so i endured the snow, in it i buried my own hatchet due to the apparent marks on my throat. now i promised myself, that i am going back, but not to where i intended, on behalf of the shelter that i lack. the destination is no longer that home. i'll tell those that stayed the happenings left impressions on my heart, i therefor continue this journey alone. before i go, know that inside of what's left remains forever those close who still roam. and next june i'll tell you that the bird's tune is goddamn beautiful when you call on the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment