Saturday, August 27, 2011

Chalked Up

And all my reactions and responses get chalked up to regrets. 
I never know how to act or what to say except 
I thought to tell you you seem to be a compilation of the best parts of everyone I've met. 
I'll still hate myself even when those around me bring me to the point of elation. 
But I'll still pull myself out when I get plunged deep, in humiliation. 
It is just a long road I'm facing. 
And you know it gets even darker at night, and I've always liked an end in sight. 
I'm just grateful for those friends amidst my plight. 
Especially when I come to realize my angst is foolishly trite. 
My love for those who keep stride is strong, when I'm only dragging my feet. 
I hope that I will surpass those who display their worst aspects 
in everyone I meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment