Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Good

and when you turned away
this is what you chose to say
here's a box of all the good memories and you can keep it
and before i go, just know
if you tell someone enough they're too good for your they'll eventually believe it
i convinced myself it was a dream
it was the first time in my waking life everything had been exactly what it seemed
and that was not real to me
i see finally, at fault wasn't just my attitude
i chose not to listen when you repeated i'd never forgive you
you just never forgave me
that box you left me with well it just became me
and i know now you altered into the contrast
there were memories left out of mine, and you became that other half
i knew that, but just waited until the day that you'd find it in yourself to accept me
replaying the thoughts i believed to be in there, it was just dust you left me
when i opened that box, seeing crumbles of something i was certain i could mend
just bones that looked like those from the skeletons in my closet
they are other dead friends
though those weren't detrimental, i was merely just a kid
well now you're living a lie, and you're a fraud
i am adult, except if someone were to ask if i would will you to live

No comments:

Post a Comment