Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Hugged

Who I really am
I was dreaming
You tell me that you are in the city for the night, if I felt like driving
Before so much as processing the entire message, my mind is racing, gears turning trying to find my way to you
I anticipate going, in my head, but never respond
I'm in a blurry house
I am standing in a large, open room, vague and gray-ish, and I am thinking about how awful it would be if someone were there with me
Moments later you are there, and I am horrified, but not surprised 
My mind is going faster than before now, flying through the list of reasons I am embarrassed and ashamed of myself.
I can feel you looking at me, examining, as you draw closer. I am nervous, and uneasy, you come up to hug me.
As I wrap my arms around you, my mouth attempts to make certain there is
Is no pause or room for doubt

I looked closely into your eyes to see if you still want to be here
upon seeing me

No comments:

Post a Comment