Monday, October 21, 2013

Glances

I awoke promising myself not to write this down, but coming to terms with this remaining in my head, and that distinct, familiar feeling in my chest, I knew it had recurred, rather never left, and was unmistakably here to stay.


It was a huge warehouse, partially indoor and partially out. I remember my dad being there, waiting for me to finish whatever it was I was doing. Lingering around. The walls were plain, concrete, the grassy patches outsides were sparse, and desaturated. All my bosses and coworker hustled about, detracted my their tasks, passing by silently. I remember he stood to my left, tall, in a flawless way. The feeling exuting from him, into me was unparalleled, everyone else was ruined. He was back, and I was assured that he was into me. When we kissed it did not seem as though he was going to leave, the looks we shared were the the most comforting thing in the world. I could feel it deeply, whether I looked, or not. As we walked around outside, it felt amazing just to be next to him. I wondered if anyone was watching, but they did not appear to be. I knew my father needed to be addressed, and that I needed return to work. I wondered then if he would kiss me in front of my boss, in front of my dad. I concieved he probably would be ashamed to be seen with me, despite our private feelings. I thought then that it really meant something that he could care for me, be attracted to me like this, now, years later. I recall my face seeming grotesque to me, I loved him more for seeing past my faults. The moment came, and he moved his face down close to mine, displaying for me his right cheek, I kissed it three, maybe four times, fast. I did what I wanted to, and it meant everything to me that I was able to. (It meant nothing who noticed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment