Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Learning To Properly Respond To Unspoken Words

These are the times, and this is why I can be in the present now

We like comforting things, sometimes we both want the heater and the fan on, every candle lit, sometimes we both just need warm milk
I told his father that I like to see him step up to the plate, it's nice to feel him accessing his potential

We only make plans with each other, no one has to worry if the other person didn't want to spend two days in a row together, or all of our time outside of work
He says what is his is mine, the tone of his voice doesn't make me sad, and there is good and bad in two people meaning everything that they say

We do small things to make each other happy, we do little things to drive each other crazy, we don't talk about them for so long, often never, but when we do we laugh and laugh
We think that all of the same things are funny

We enjoy constant communication, we need perpetual isolation and loneliness
I tell him that those tattoos will be on him forever and ever, and he says to tell him something he doesn't know

He makes the whole dinner without complaining about a thing, I complain about everything and he can stand me anyway
I only ever make one plate of breakfast, one cup of coffee, I make him share everything, and demand privacy, and secrets

He knows when to drive, still tries to pay for meals, the last time I remember him raising his voice was when he told me that it is not "me", it is "us", and I did not say another word

Most of the time I feel talkative, I tell him parts of my day we both know he does not care to hear, I ask him questions he would not want to answer, I nag about the things we both know he doesn't care much to change

Some days we do not talk, we exist separately, and do very well at being alone side by side
He chuckles, "don't pretend like you didn't know that I'd come swoop you up"
I think about him saying that whenever I feel useless

The other night he told me that this is a relationship that he can feel a lot going into from the both of us
We've learned when to compliment, praise, congratulate, and stay away

He said it makes him happy when I listen to what he was listening to, once he leaves the room
We take each other the right amount of serious

I believe that the most desirable thing to me was a person who did not want to share a bed with me every night, but a person who was okay with it

And when I cannot sleep, I scoot next to him and share his pillow
So few must understand a love so thorough, with no pressure nor strain

No comments:

Post a Comment