Friday, June 12, 2009

Imagination

"Even in a church, even laid up on an altar, without her clothes, Paige Marshall, Dr. Paige Marshall, I didn't want her to become just another piece of ass. Because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. Because nothing is as exciting as your fantasy."
"Doing up the buttons of my britches, I told her, "Maybe the truth is I really want to like you instead.""

"You know the old phrase 'Those who don't remember the past are condemned to repeat it?' Well, I think those who remember their past are even worse off.'"
""Paige says, "Those who remember the past tend to get the story really screwed up.""
""In my opinion, those who remember the past are paralyzed by it.""

""I don't need help," he says, "but you can help me if you want."
Never mind. What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to someone. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction. See also: Paige Marshall."

Here I am spending all my time, and when I say all my time, I mean all my time, depending on the thought that maybe this is too good or too important to work out, and that we are both supposed to know this deep down. I no longer wait for you, I know that what is in our heads for what the future could be is exponentially better than anything you and I could create here on earth. It hurt to see you go, or would have, but you never really left because you were never really here. I can't miss you. Not because I don't want to, but because it would be virtually impossible. I saw you today, as much as it stung, I knew that the magic would be gone after I approached you, so I let the fantasy live on. I let you be. I left our lives separate, like always. I know you don't have the proper time to invest, the right emotions to share nor the strong body to use. So I live my makeshift life, and let you be content. I know secretly that I would always give it more than a shot, but it counts for absolutely nothing and I know that now. Whether it is good or bad that these situations continue to arise, I don't know. I no longer believe in 'flukes'; something is going on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment