Sunday, March 24, 2013

Do You Go

I'm walking around his apartment, looking at the walls, feeling the space, I feel so comfortable and close with him, more than ever before, yet still ashamed speaking on the phone while he is listening. I walk away, lean on the kitchen counter, too lazy for escaping, I sit down on the wooden end of his bed, on the floor. He isn't in the room now, I wished not to raise my voice into the receiver, I do anyway. I know that he can hear me, I'm embarrassed, I feel that familiar lack of privacy. He hears me say that I believe for the first time that I know hatred within another as I have only before for myself. I say that it was quite the realization.

He explained that he wanted to be exactly like that, the ideal example. A person whose one flaw was an absence of care for his own safety, who did anything for those he loved. I wanted to tell him that it was not as fun as it sounds.

He had never asked a question so honestly, he looked up and said, "how deep do you go?" He wanted to know how far, how do you know when to stop?

You don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment