Thursday, March 14, 2013

Dreams Of Rushing Water

It's us and our friends, I never once thought about where we all were, but we were in the gravel outside of my dad's house. We sat there with our bodies intertwined, my legs twisted with others, your arm was straight across my throat, but I felt protected, not trapped. Some of your friends left, asking the three of us to join, I wasn't entirely sure that we could move. But then the waves in front of us increased in size, I saw them so close up, the blues and deep greens foamy and rushing more and more violently. I am the only one who really notices, then the only one that cares. I didn't wish to be overdramatic but at the same time I had to insure that such important people were safe. Suddenly I am standing, the waves were too powerful and large for me to feel safe sitting down. I am more worried for you now than myself, I shout to you lovingly, longing for you to care enough to move. If you were standing at any point, you are now sitting, I look down at you all curled up, I remember thinking how small you looked, while still being so big to me. You see me, you hear me, you see and hear the waves too, I just couldn't be certain how well, I couldn't get you to feel properly about the situation. I didn't leave though, neither did you, I stood there perfectly still, I knew somehow that the water wouldn't kill you, but knew very well I didn't want to know what it would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment