Sunday, August 18, 2013

Jumped Ship


"You said you hate my suffering
and you understood
and you'd take care of me
you'd always be there
where are you now?"


I'm kicking myself for being mean to you
I continuously tell myself not to be
and I don't want to be
but our speaking is too infrequent to remember 
any promises made to myself
believe me, passive aggressive is not something I wish to use to describe myself, ever
but I'm still torn up and scorn about a betrayal that could possibly live forever 
I am loving you unconditionally, and constantly seeking revenge
paying you sincere compliments through grit teeth
unwillingly harboring some unattractive feelings towards you
you come crawling back when life seems boring to you
in all honesty, all I have been doing is waiting

"I want to love you, but I can't let go"

No comments:

Post a Comment