Saturday, January 4, 2014

Waves

The dream starts and I am standing on the right side of a very large boat, made of a dark wood, and scattered with people I was familiar with. I was completely filled with fear, but was standing next to a person I knew, idly talking. I remember wanting to think of everything. I was worried that I would get sick, being that I had not been on a boat this size, let alone a boat, especially out a sea. And we were very far out to see. After the conversation faded, and the friend drifted away, I was alone with my thoughts. I look out at the dark waters, not black, but the deepest blue that I had ever seen before, and the waves... The waves were massive, colossal, not violent or intentionally harmful at all, but their magnitude was immensely dangerous. I could not believe how tall their were, and not just size, but power. The boat not just rocked, but was at the total mercy of the waves, floating up, crashing down, I was petrified. When I finally turned around to examine the other passengers they were carefree, I was astonished, and wondered deeply what that meant. I wished to know very badly, did these people not see what was happening? Did they not fear capsizing? Or death? I wondered if it was the glass incasing the boat. I had noticed that almost like gigantic bubble, the boat was seemingly enclosed. I could see out of it, crystal clear, the waves were so close! But they were distant, too. I stood there motionless, awaiting for the break that would do us in. I continued thinking about this, what would actually occur. I figured that if we were in an inclosed space, that if the deck of the boat were unable to fill with the water, that it was impossible to go under. The thought was comforting momentarily, but then came this sinking feeling. What if a wave took us down? I mean really took us down, what would happen then? I visualized any one of these incessant waves engulfing us, it would happen so fast, and the boat would plunge so easily into darkness. I imagined the boat never resurfacing, and what it would feel like to drown dry. The other travels were completely placid, passive, just moseying around. I remained at the boat's edge utterly alone, knowing that somebody could help me out here as much as I could control those waters.

"Water 
To see water in your dream symbolizes your subconscious and your emotional state of mind. Water is the living essence of the psyche and the flow of life energy. It is also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge, healing and refreshment. 


Boat 
To dream that you are in or see a boat signifies your ability to cope with and express your emotions. Pay particular attention to the condition and state of the waters, whether it is calm or violent, clear or murky, etc. Are you "smooth sailing"? Alternatively, you may be ready to confront your subconscious and unknown aspects of yourself. The dream could be telling you not to rock the boat and to stay out of harm's way.


Waves 
To see clear, calm waves in your dream signify renewal and clarity. You are reflecting on some important life decision that needs to be made. Alternatively, if you are riding a wave, then it indicates that you are trying to get a handle on your emotions. Waves also symbolize potential and power.


To dream that you are caught in a tidal wave represents an overwhelming emotional issue that demands your attention. You may have been keeping your feelings and negative emotions bottled up inside for too long. You may be holding back tears that you are afraid to express in your waking life. On a positive note, the tidal wave symbolizes the clearing away of old habits."



I woke up realizing it was such a relief to no longer be on the sea. I attempted to decipher the journey I was initially setting out to take, but all I could recall was that it was of little consequence, I simply felt as though I had to take it.
Subsequent to finding out what the waves and water represent, I pictured the incontrollable tide as my emotions. I asked myself if the sensation was similar; myself watching nature run its commanding force, and my feelings that I could not grasp, too ginormous to reach. I think that the boat itself was myself, moving forward to the great unknown, more or less, sick of being beached, yet scared senseless of everything more than that. "The people" represented "everyone", I think that all of the bodies were more or less just the people around, those who cannot see what I see, or feel the velocity of it. What stayed with me more than any other aspect of the dream, though at the time I did not appear to being the largest aspect at all, was the glass. There was this nearly invisible, unspeakable shield that allowed me view the risk, the possibilities, yet I was not capable of being doused. I am in a good place now in my life, the best that I've been in quite some time I can say, and although all of my sentiments have stayed, I am not affected by them as I was previously. My happiness is like this barrier between me, and the potential of true misery and total wreckage, so easily caused by myself. Of course my thoughts surround the waters, of course I am paralyzed with the knowledge, but I am more safe than I was before due to the virtual inability to drown. I  believe it said something that I choice not to voice my fears, I believe it really said something that I perceived that no one else felt fear at all. Part of me is proud that I am partaking in the voyage, and the other part questions the permanence of the protection.

Sort of more than anything was the absence of the idea that the state of the sea could ever alter in the slightest.

No comments:

Post a Comment