Tuesday, January 14, 2014

No Matter


How I look at it, I was the happiest I will ever be, in the dark in your bed with you lying next to me, I was laughing uncontrollably, even when you said with snark is it really that funny. reminding me four years and four months later, that you always ask the wrong thing.


"So striking, I swear you leveled me with a look,
reminded me of my breathing patterns,
ran your hands through the grease and set fire to my face,
seduced a love to grief and left the same as you came,
we were based on an end,
it's as if everyone always arrives already gone,
some say love is a river and the wetness behind my ears puts out the wick,
some say love is time, I helped you pass,
love is location, we were just circumstance,
could almost smell the must, the urgency
I knew better, I just didn't care."

No comments:

Post a Comment