Friday, January 3, 2014

No Longer Barely Scraping By

I never thought that the mediocrity could ever get to me, or let me affect me even if it could.
But when I am not depressed I am able to see that there is a world outside of my head, a whole world.
I don't want to be a simpleton forever, it devastates me so to think about it.
I want to learn, not emotionally, but in every other sense.
I want to be free, and responsible, and put in effort, and have hard work pay off.
I do not want to be inexperienced forever.
I don't read, I'm not intelligent, I hardly even possess common sense. 
I want to run, run away from squanded potential, from fear, imagined burdens, the cumbersome past, I do not want anyone to hold me back from any decade because I am my own human.
I want to come back and share my learnings, I want to be honest, true, I just want to grow.
It pains me deeply to imagine myself on my death bed with nothing but stale emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment