Sunday, October 19, 2014

Forever and Never

Dear Lizz,

I may never know if I need a person or need to be alone
I may never be convinced that everyone in my immediate family is doing okay
I may never be skinny enough to not feel chubby in a tank top or shorts
I may never believe that my writing has helped anything
I may never 'get over it'
I may never go back to school, and use words like salient, or lackluster in a sentence
I may never calm my nerves
I may never have straight hair, or care to wash it
I may never have the money, I might not travel at all
I may never be in a personal relationship again, where we have sex and forget about our friends
I may never not use double negatives, and talk about how sleeping pills saved my life

these people do not demand perfection, but they deserve it
I will learn to accept love in spite of my shortcomings
they could be there as long as you
and we know how long, now

No comments:

Post a Comment