Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Reconcile

reconcile
is a nine letter word
and it could possibly
take that many years
cause I have learned
the hardest thing is to return
and fix something that was fine
apologize and reconcile
something that was alright
and I find myself wishing
that instead of just missing
someone took it all the way
in the wrong direction
and I'm just guessing
that you've realized
the most difficult things to cure
are the things that could have always been alright
apologize, and fix something potentially fine
and I've been just waiting in this time
but there is so little in patience
and there's fourteen letters in bedroom drawers
and reconciliation


you're so tentative
and you still leave no period
after your last sentences
giving me hope in this
and what comes after
but I don't have it in me
for a second chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment