Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Honey Dream

I am so desperately all or nothing.

I remember looking into the jar of dense, sappy gold, half filled, all gooey and sweet. I feel the thick creaminess of it press against the cool, smooth spoon's side. It brought me such basic joy, a distraction from all things dirty, rough, and bitterness. Some time elapsed in an unfocused, blurry fashion, and the metal of the spoon was scraping at almost nothing. Had I consumed it all? Eaten far too much, far too quickly? There would be none left now for the future, and I was filled with a sugary regret, a sickness of symbology. There was no turning back, and I lost coherence as much as control. I was embarrassed, that sort when you get caught absorbing too much of a good thing, and I knew it well.

"seeing or eating honey in your dream represents gentleness, sweetness, compassion, wisdom, peace, longevity and joy. It is also symbolic of fertility and productivity. The dream may also be a pun on the "honey" in your life."


No comments:

Post a Comment