Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dark, I Know

The last time that we spoke, my initiation, there was an unusual delivery failure. I, of course, deduced without a doubt that this was god, attempting to save me. I then remembered that there is no god, and waited longingly for your response. I liked our conversation, more than anyone will ever know. You said some things that it is unclear whether they were intended to entertain me, or to get a response, some things never change. I fell asleep before you, (for the sake of feigned sanity) I will chalk that up to coincidence. My first year of college I learned (very near close to nothing that is with me today) a fact, one sentence, in a sea of millions, that was nothing more than a snippet a teacher must have thrown in for fun. I think about this idea, the planted seed, just about every single day since. When recovering from severe depression, a person is far less likely at rock bottom to commit suicide, statistically, most attempts are made just subsequent of turning the corner. This teacher described the period of time as just when you are able to see the light at the end of the tunnel, or right when you finally come up for air. Most people are very much mistaken in their belief that death is most desired when a human is at their very lowest, she explained that a person will end their life, when they see it as it really were.

No comments:

Post a Comment