Monday, April 29, 2013

Did You Not Believe

"You erased yourself from the universe and left me as the last to know
You were sick and selfish and sad and I hope you are finally content
I fought the battle for your sister but I didn't fight for you
Did you not believe I only wanted to go to sleep? x 2
I wish you had let me read that newspaper alone on the tar
You said you I have a disease that keeps me from you
You said you couldn't find a connection in me

I can see you in the Stafford Avenue living room on the floor with spaghetti sauce
I can see us making trouble
I can see us crying under the bushses
I can see you nowhere and see inside your eyes

Do you see yourself not looking at me?
Do you see yourself when you could only look at me?
6th and Washington saw the decline and disintegration

Thank you for lying with me and looking at my veins
Thank you for taking me somewhere else when I couldn't breathe
Thank you for answering your phone when I couldn't sleep
Thanks for hiding me in the garden and the hospital beds
Thanks for watching me seize
Thanks for keeping me


I can see you on the playground, in the alleys, on the stairway
near the fire, under the red light, and on the couch when I woke up.
Will anyone mean more to me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment