Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Fever Dream

I am not going to retell this entire dream, only what I took from it. First, I should start by saying that I fell asleep, and was dreaming in my dream, an intricate one, with a complex storyline that involved the beach. The dream ended with sand in my nose, I was trying to get it out for several minutes, but could not. You and our friend woke me up, I was in this room on this bed, but curled up towards the bottom. I recall being in a very deep sleep, and thinking that when I looked up at you, remembering that we had plans. I was embarrassed, and very much wished that I had not slept so late. I looked up at the clock, it was 1:47pm. I told you both about my dream, and how long I tried to get rid of all that sand. The rest of the dream was stupid, and I stayed in bed. Your small hand was on my upper stomach next to mine. Our friends exited the room, and then you did too. I felt far from you, and quietly sort of desperate. The strangest part was looking down at your hand, it remained there, warm, still, and small. I wondered how you did that. I could hear you all in the other room, but could not myself move. Needing you, and caring for you, I figured I would err on doing what I very much wanted to, and I laced our fingers, but you did back, this made me happy. I wondered about your arm being attached. But was thankful. 
Sam opened my door, and I awoke, for the second time, in the same spot I was dreaming. I could feel each layer of how far deep I was, and came to bemused. "Are you still alive?"

No comments:

Post a Comment