Thursday, April 11, 2013

Ease

There are no butterflies, no desperation, my fingers touch your lip, we leave it at that. You tell me that timing is absolutely everything, you say patience. You want your name on everything, you lay it all out on the table. I look at your tattoo, it doesn't make me nervous, I like our separate lives. You're surprised with the way in which things seems to have turned out for me, you not only tell me that, but explain the way in which you thought that it would. You say it is just you, but that's alright, because it always has been. "It's crazy that you just said that." You told me not to worry that I have changed, all that I am is older. You want your name on everything, and if I make this about us, one last time, then something about that now sounds much too enticing.

No comments:

Post a Comment