Sunday, June 8, 2014

I Never Got the Chance to Say

that loving you is easy
it's the rest of it that's hard

so here's my start

I couldn't take my eyes off of you at that party
but whenever I did I saw you look over at me

I am only trying to love myself that hard
but I still don't know geography
I still don't know geography

but your vices
the ones you'd wish I'd join when I wouldn't have it
would rather stare at them with jealousy
wanting so bad to exclusively be your bad habit

I've got enough anxiety and doubt to eat away at the both of us
but if I make it out alive I swear to work on my assurance and trust

we've all got secrets
I know, I've been exercising sizable demons

I am scared, I am sad, and these two things will eat away at us slow then fast
but I swear if we make it out of this alive
(which we seem to be)
I still don't know geography
I still don't know

No comments:

Post a Comment