Sunday, June 15, 2014

Felt Like I Was the Baby

"To dream of a crying baby symbolizes a part of yourself that is deprived of attention and needs to be nurtured. Alternatively, it represents your unfulfilled goals and a sense of lacking in your life.

To dream that a baby is walking or dancing refers to the potential and possibilities that life has in stored for you. The future looks bright. The dream may also be a metaphor that you need to take baby steps in your relationship, toward your goal, in a work project or whatever undertaking."

I grappled the infant awkwardly, as the crowds stared. I couldn't hear anything over its wailing, and tried to hold it properly under the armpits, but failed to. The sobbing would not cease, I remember coming to terms with having a colic baby, just like myself. Finally realizing it wished to walk on its own, I held the baby up, and let it take its own steps. I worried this action was premature, and that I was being judged. The baby told me that it wanted to be high, on my back, I could not figure out the harness. I felt increasingly inadequate with every second of crying that passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment