Sunday, June 15, 2014

Stripped Down

yeah, it's true, I stripped you
like a screw
so to whoever came next 
you would be deemed worthless

I am still not certain if I did this on purpose


I remember that night we shared we would allow ourselves to love who we loved
I remember those years I ignored the warning signs, red flags and foreshadows
but it never stopped looking and feeling like a movie to me
you sneaking in my room while I was out and sifting through my belongings
leaving hints and clues
I wonder every single day what you would reflect on
if you thought of me every single day like I do
were our memories and intimate moments always opposing?
are they still?
cause you recall the first word that I spoke to you
(because of that you knew we would become friends)
I only replay the end

No comments:

Post a Comment