Friday, September 19, 2014

Never Say Never or Forever


I wonder what if we never, ever live together again

what was this? what is it now?

I walk in the front door to him saying "look what I got". It's an enormous black container to move away from me in. I respond, "chill". He is someone that the less he talks the more comfortable he is, he's really chatty, he asks how work was.  I try to recall the last time that he asked me that and couldn't, I always want him to, try to get him to, he never did, he does now. He asks if I can sort which VHS tapes are mine and which are his. I act really normal which of course makes everything far more bizarre. I ask if I can throw away the lemon salad dressing. I saw he did all of the dishes. He says he has so many pint glasses he's never used, I offer to get him boxes. I wonder if this is the closest to a breakup I will ever get.
We talk and talk and can't say anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment