Saturday, September 20, 2014

Riding a Bike with a Flat Tire

"Mr. Nobody. Real life, fake lotus. 
Break focus. Way too normal to take notice.
Women and rage. Sugar, salt, cinnamon, sage.
The city throbs. Endless shitty jobs and minimum wage.
It’s nonsense. Flashy patterns, polka dots and gold checkers 
Cold efforts. Avid collector of old records.
Mostly poor. Little things you have to look closely for.
I hate kids and standing in line at the grocery store. 
I’m divorced. Exile enforced. New fears.
A few beers. I haven’t had sex in over two years. 
I’ve tried to trust. It’s useless. I wallow in my disgust.
Why discuss it?


Steel doesn’t decide to rust it just does.
Words written out with your finger where the dust was. 
Cliché. He-say she-say. So funny.
Forgot to laugh. Go study. Call me Mr. Nobody." 

No comments:

Post a Comment