Monday, March 12, 2012

Up Against

"Up against the ropes 
even though I'm not
all the games are played
battles that are fought
stillness of her room
table and a chair
show me what you got
take it as a dare
roaming through the halls
shoes are made of gold
speaking without words
doing what I'm told
horizontal lines
standing on display
sound of someone's voice
somewhere far away


what will happen next?
crimes against myself
thinking that I'm hexed
feelin' in my bones 
things I can't explain
wind is at my back 
running for a train
everywhere I look nothing's as it seems
in another life
maybe in my dreams
what will happen next?
I see it in your face
a mirror that reflects


lying wide awake
I listen to your breathe
looking for a cure like this is a disease
waiting for the sun
cursing at the clock
so much on my mind
I'm unable to talk
holding onto hope
wishing it would rain
breaking all the mirrors
aching for your pain
fortune is untold 
say the magic words
every worried thought
flies away like birds


how's it gonna end?
as far as we have come
why should we pretend?
poetry of need written on your face
music of your hands
machines of love and grace
almost at the edge
we should be heading back
tangled in the trees 
the night is red and black
how's it gonna end?
nothing I can do
no way to defend"

No comments:

Post a Comment