Saturday, March 10, 2012

Some Regrets Could Be

sliding thick course woven rope through my small hands
until the anchor of my sadness drags slow on my muddy floors
it muddles me
or when you asked what i was thinking carefully i said i didn't know
i could have said happy
or committing to a life, once more
without a foot barely in and the other out the door


i don't always want to live in fear you'll notice the hand that you are lending
helping or saving me without knowledge
seeing i'm pretending
that i'm not plagued from the water in this boat of mine
i'd scoop it out for you
if it wasn't keeping me alive 


i'd dessert you if it would keep you happy
if promised you would be safe and sound
but now you think i'll be easy
you'll want me around
well i'll pray to god if it means we can 
meet on middle grounds


well we'll always ache for that summer we'll always be without
yeah all of us together
hope we share this now dissatisfactory taste it left in our mouth


all season
and we're both as good as mismatched puzzle pieces
but i hope you can warm my cold parts
but if that's mine
what's your reason?


back then i was praying for a co-captain not a life vest, i'll admit
though choppy waters, i'm stranded in
will this ever quit?

No comments:

Post a Comment