Thursday, July 12, 2012

Night Without Stars, Parked Car, Scars

you watched me, as I sat in that chair
bleeding profusely
about how you used me, and used to be
silent, still, throbbing
this is someone putting the same salt
that they put in their face
in your wound
and I wanted more than anything to leave that room
but I knew
I needed your assistance to move
so I never got out
oh the distance between those two chairs
alone in your brother's house
later in your car you were crying
because you watched all my life leave my eyes
couldn't bear to see me dying
I looked out my window into the night sky
I asked it why
because I still couldn't look you in the eye
you were ruined, I was ruined
the only thing weeping now was my wound
it was the end, one of the saddest embraces of my life
after I said you can never do that to me again
and before you never did

No comments:

Post a Comment