Sunday, June 2, 2013

Gracefully Ravaged

You are bored one night so you figure you should wreak havoc on my life, plunder and pillage the town of my heart. Like a nornado you glide through, gail force winds, and the strength and dedication of years. A bloody, confusing mess of emotion and heart break, mind games, secrets, sleepless nights and the notion of eternal love. But like a tornado you pass through, returning to whatever it was you were doing beforehand. Leaving the wreckage, the shortcomings, the however-prepared-you-think-you-are-you-aren't. Left is an invisible dilapidated embarrassment, of under and over-reactions, unforgotten sentiments and words, and a tiny, tiny hope, that next time may just go slightly better than this.
It's all fun and games until you ruin someone's life, as you intended.

You are not the last step I miss in the dark,
you are the step that catches me, when I had no idea how close I had come to falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment