Saturday, June 8, 2013

Nothing Ever Out Of The Blue

I fell asleep early, so deep, so throughly exhausted. I awoke suddenly, and with a strangely clear head at two in the morning. I didn't want to look at my phone, in fear that I would only wake up further. I could feel that you had texted me though, so I decided to see. I won't explain that any more. You had, completely out of the blue. I opened the picture, I don't really want to talk about any of it, it isn't fair. I saw that the message came an hour prior, of course I thought to respond. You so rarely include both a picture and words, I could hardly recall the last time. None of it made sense, none of this makes any sense. The opening band began I Can Feel a Hot One, people were singing along. I felt obliged to send you a message, out of the blue, but you have never heard that song before. And not a thing makes sense.

All of our backwards advances,  we're bound to stay in the same place.
I heard my thoughts loud the other day, I told myself about two other people, well they must like how things are, just as they are, or they would make any sort of effort to change it, well we must like this, we must like how this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment