Tuesday, June 25, 2013

When It Rains It Pours

I didn't believe in karma until Scott got his car stolen. I didn't believe in death until I watched that dog die the way that it did. I got hit on the freeway, I got hit in front of my house. I didn't believe in bed bugs, fleas, or scabies. I un-bottled my rage, uncaged my truths. I fumble and struggle through work, monday through friday. I did not know that strange sort of fear, calling 911, hearing all that glass break, and worse, hearing her on the phone crying that hard. Didn't know I would be getting a call from my brother in the grocery store, telling me quietly that he had crashed his car. Been to the hospital more times than the airport. Forgot I could be worth anything until you called and came over that defeated. Having him overhear me say what I did. All the tragedy we felt here, that lingered. Even those little things, ripped off car parts, broken wrists. Everyone feeling a million miles away, no matter how close. Tricking myself into not needing school, or privacy.
Something made this better than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment