Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Throw Away

I daydream about extracting all of our memories together from my head
and throwing them away
I would do it too, you know

if I could, I would keep one memory
the day I came over and you were in the shower
I sat around your room then felt embarrassed for not announcing my presence 
the day I told you,
don't come out of the shower and into your bedroom naked
because I was in there
I didn't want to startle you 
you stepped into the room wrapped in your towel
viscously angry 
so wildly upset you explained it was so annoying 
how I said that 

I would keep that one
just to be sure to only remember you as intricately let down by me, despite my best intentions

maybe the time I ate green beans for dinner at your dad's
maybe the night I was too sad to be in your bed, so I drove away

the first ones I could delete are
you quietly picking up all of the papers on the floor of your apartment
and showing me that they were all handwritten, addressed to my name
all the times I made you cry
and you never, ever drove away

No comments:

Post a Comment