Tuesday, January 6, 2015

So Every Time I Hold You

"i don’t want you to hold on
for any other reason would
be a lie if i could utter those
not to a face that fears no one not
after every one turned into a new
frame after frame the picture is of
a time we won’t go back to
we want to but don’t know
how to try – i guess my voice is
enough fighting is the opposite
i want to rearrange the furniture
with you i want to make you
smile with these words it’s as
simple as checking my phone
to see if you’ve called and as hard
as understanding you when you’re
on a roll on a tangent on a story
line that strings too tightly around
my past that stings and leaves a wide
mark a gaping scar on the soft
of my hand so every time
i hold you you can’t help but
notice how everything else is so soft"

No comments:

Post a Comment